fish has mucus around eye

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

skill

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
he was fine a two days ago.. but yesterday he developed a mucus-like covering around his eye and went to the top of the tank. I added some salt, and he seemed to like it, whenever i put in a little bit of salt, the mucus seemed to receede, so i added some last night. This morning i woke up and found that the mucus had come back, should i up the salt treatment? Or can anyone reccomend a better way to get rid of the mucus?

Ghost_knife

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
what fish, tank size, Paramiters, Water change schedule etc etc etc

skill

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
its a 125g with 2 balas, an albino rainbow shark, and a barb, parameters are pretty much clear, i change the water (about 20%) every week

khombre

Jul 18, 2005
Quezon City, Philippines
The last time I had fish having some sort of mucus in the eye, I was having water quality issues. I had it before with tinfoil barbs. Not exactly sure what you mean by your water parameters being clear... but would it be possible for you to post your exact values? Numbers I mean. As I was saying about my tinfoil barbs before, I just did some major water changes, when water quality was back to normal, the mucus and haziness in their eyes went away on its own. Good luck to you :eek:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store