Trying to find parts and talk to me about sumps!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nikirushka

AC Members
Jan 28, 2013
Two-parter, this one.

1) I am trying and failing to find a replacement o-ring for my LAC/Jebo 829 filter. It's old, discontinued years ago and a complete pain to find parts for - I've managed to get new taps on aliexpress and o-rings are listed on there, but none of them fit the 829. Does anyone know what sizes would be compatible or, where else I might be able to get one?

Or - what sort of grease I can use on it? That might sort it. The canister has been leaking slowly round the joint, I've taken the o-ring out and cleaned it but not re-greased so of course, it's now taking air in (facepalm moment there). I've only got vegetable oil in atm but I can go get something else.

2) In the event of not being able to sort that issue, or the eventual death of the filter, I want to set up a sump. Please tell me what kit I need! It'll be a 30g sump under my 100g main tank, and it'll need to be protected against power outage (i.e. anti-syphoning something or other system).

Thank you!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store