Our Moderator - Liv2padl

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
After a lifetime of adventure, Daniel Colodney died peacefully at his home on the Yeopim River, June 24 - two days after his 67th birthday.

Although he thought of himself a curmudgeon, that was his perception only! With his lifetime of activity, he was anything but! Dan brought joy and laughter to the hearts of all who were lucky enough to know him. He will be missed terribly.

He was born in Bronx, New York in 1940 and lived in White Plains, New York through high school. Dan served two years in the Air Force. He earned two college degrees, including a Bachelors Degree from Allegheny College, as well as a Masters from the University of Rhode Island. His professional life began as a research scientist at Colgate Palmolive Company. Dan developed the technology for clear gel and tartar control toothpaste.

After making significant contributions to Colgate, Dan and his wife Ellen moved to Edenton in 1996 so that he could play full time.

Dan was a man of passionate interests which he loved to share with others - if they could manage to keep up! He was certainly a gifted athlete. He participated in marathons, major wilderness backpacking and canoeing adventures in the US, Canada, and the Northwest Territories. He was an avid bicyclist. He did some very intense sea kayaking excursions off the coast of Florida, Maine, and Newfoundland.
His less adventurous, but no less passionate hobbies included a fish room for his African and New World cichlids, being surrounded by his dogs and cats, and a good cigar.

Dan is survived by:
Mother Beatrice Colodney
Wife Ellen Jennifer Colodney
Son Michael Colodney
Daughters Jill Colodney and Debbie Debias
Sister Marion Marks
Brother Rich Colodney
Dogs Mickey & Jessie
Many Fish!
Predeceased by Father Bernard Colodney

A celebration of Dan¹s life will be held at his house in Edenton on Saturday, July 7 at 1:00 pm. All are welcome.

Rest in Peace, buddy, you will be missed greatly as a friend and mentor...

Blueiz

THE TypoQUEEN
Sep 5, 2005
NC
Dan will greatly be missed. He was a fountain of knowledge and a great all around person.

My prayers are going out to his family and loved ones..

Blue

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Our friend and compadre....such a loss.... RIP.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
Funny, I always thought him much younger. He had a lot of pep to him, and I always enjouyed talking to him. I'll definatly miss him.

How's it go?
(parafrazed) Life should not be a long journy to the grave in a well preserved body. Rather, you should come rowing into the grave with body fully used, with a beer in one hand and a paddle in the other yelling "whooooooooHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WHAT A RIDE!"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store