My two ten gallon betta/sparkling gourami tanks

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

balerion

AC Members
Mar 20, 2017
Northern IL
Ten gallon #1: betta male (Balerion), four sparkling gourami babies (too big to be called fry, too small to be adults, but big enough that the betta doesn't eat them lol), six ghost shrimp, six snails (three zebra nerite, three gold apple)

Ten gallon #2: three female bettas, one male betta, two zebra nerite snails, three albino apple snails, four Japanese something-or-other shrimp, baby (one and a half inch) BN pleco.

Notes: plan to upgrade tank when pleco grows. For now, doing 15-20% water changes in both tanks every other day.

I know a male betta with a female sorority isn't highly recommended, but Ghost (my male in that tank) has a very good temperament and flares more at his own reflection and annoys the snails more than he harasses the females. I have a small 2.5g set up just in case things get bad. However I watch them pretty closely and they're relatively peaceful and get along as well as they could. Occasional chasing, but no fin nipping or injuring.

Both tanks lightly planted, with other decor and silk/plastic plants also. Tank #2 has white sand and tank #1 has black micro gravel. Both are heated and filtered.

Any other questions please ask!

IMG_1076.JPG

IMG_1107.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

IMG_1117.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1119.JPG

Reactions: CuppieLuv