My New Cichlids

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Samantha Burkhardt

AC Members
Aug 24, 2016
Hi everyone! I just started with my new cichlids! I am new to this. Before adding fish I had my water tested and I was told it was good to go for cichlids. The water temp is currently 80 degrees F. I added a Gold Severum and a Blood Parrot Monday and yesterday added a Black Convict and a Firemouth... They are all hiding especially when I walk up to the tank.... Does it take abut for them to feel "at home"?
Thanks,
Sam

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
For the size tank you have, you're fairly close to max. I'm sure it doesn't look like it, but you're fish will grow to pretty good sizes.

I would suggest getting a good liquid test kit, the API Masterkit is a good one, and testing your water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

Samantha Burkhardt

AC Members
Aug 24, 2016
For the size tank you have, you're fairly close to max. I'm sure it doesn't look like it, but you're fish will grow to pretty good sizes.

Yes, I was thinking I was done adding fish...I will look into the water test :) thanks!

I would suggest getting a good liquid test kit, the API Masterkit is a good one, and testing your water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate.

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
How do you know the water is good before you put fishes in?

Was your tank cycled?

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
I had it tested at my local pet store
I know, I meant how do you know the parameters are right before putting fishes in? You need to cycle, put fishes in, then test.

Samantha Burkhardt

AC Members
Aug 24, 2016
Update: I came home from work and all four of the fish were out! Although they hid when I first walked into the room they came out relatively quickly and have been swimming around ever since! ☺☺

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store