My first Aquarium how I'm I doing?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

S.N.A.F.U mudfish

Registered Member
Feb 17, 2022
I have a 55gal glass tank. I have a Fluval Aquaclear 30 and a Tidal 75 filters. Python maintence system. Black pebble substrate. Some various plants, drift wood, and 2 artificial decor pieces. I'm in the process of acquiring a 125 gal tank too. The 55 gal tank has been up and running for a month now.

Fish wise these are all on the small side, the largest fish is about 3 to 4 inches.

5 Buenos Ares Tetra's.
1 Congo Tetra
1 Neon Swordtail
2 Australian Rainbow fish
1 Boeseman's Rainbow fish
1 Red Rainbow fish
1 lake Kutubu Rainbow fish
1 Gold Gourami (the big guy)
1 Blue Gourami
2 Bala Shark
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Blue German Ram Cichlid
1 Gold Dwarf Cichlid
1 Electric Blue Acara
1 Electric Yellow Cichlid
1 Maingano Mbuna
1 Bumblebee Cichlid
1 Comet Goldfish
1 Pictus Catfish
3 Rubber Lip Plecos
1 Mickey Mouse Platy
1 Orange Tiger Barb
1 Male Koi Betta (blue and white)
1 Male Black Orchid Betta
2 Female Betta
2 Angelfish
1 Florida Flag fish
2 Dwarf Mexican Lobsters
2 Yellow Snails
3 Vampire Shrimp
1 Electric Blue Crawfish

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Welcome to AC!

Quite a few different species in that tank, some that shouldn't be together such as the Comet goldfish, any of the african cichlids and possibly the lobsters and crawfish.

Are you trying to set up a community tank with lots of colorful and compatible fish or are you just buying fish that you like?

Can you post your water test results since this tank has only been set up about a month or so? I'm not sure if this is your first ever aquarium or you have some experience.

S.N.A.F.U mudfish

Registered Member
Feb 17, 2022
Welcome to AC!

Quite a few different species in that tank, some that shouldn't be together such as the Comet goldfish, any of the african cichlids and possibly the lobsters and crawfish.

Are you trying to set up a community tank with lots of colorful and compatible fish or are you just buying fish that you like?

Can you post your water test results since this tank has only been set up about a month or so? I'm not sure if this is your first ever aquarium or you have some experience.
This is my first aquarium. I will post my water test results Monday. Monday is when i change water so I will give the old and new. As for the fish coexisting so far this month no death since establishment.

S.N.A.F.U mudfish

Registered Member
Feb 17, 2022
Welcome to AC!

I had to do some errands so I swung by petsmart and let them test my tank water. here ya go.

20220218_204228.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store