WTB WTB Ramshorn Snails 78633

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
for what purpose? just wondering...i have around 15-20 of them, but if u want feeders, I have lots of MTS
I can do all my ramshorns which is 15-20 for $9 shipped including kordon breather bags and tracking

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
for what purpose? just wondering...i have around 15-20 of them, but if u want feeders, I have lots of MTS
I can do all my ramshorns which is 15-20 for $9 shipped including kordon breather bags and tracking
I was wanting to breed them for some extra cash... Do MTS sell for the same price?

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

vwill279

AC Members
Oct 7, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Real Name
Vanessa
Unless you get a really neat strain of ramshorns like the blue or pink, you really wont make a profit breeding them for extra money. Most people give the regular brown ones away for free. Even the blue ones you can usually only get $.50-.75 per snail. Also, to get them to breed fast enough to make selling them worthwhile, you have to overfeed the tank, which means more money spent on food and way more tank cleanings. You also have to make sure you provide a good source of minerals and high quality foods because people will not want to buy snails that are dull or have holes in their shells. The tank that I breed my blue ramshorns in gets 3 water changes a week and even that is barely enough. Snails produce a lot of waste. They have cuttlebone and get blanched zucchini twice a week. I think I have made only about $20 and spent way more than that. There just isnt enough of a market for them and I end up feeding a lot to my puffers. But hey, they're pretty and neat to watch and that is why I keep them.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
I always have leftover lettuce or greens from either my bearded dragon or the two tortoises... And I also have a cuttlebone, even if I don't make much money I wouldn't mind having them around in my tanks.

Right now I am the leader in the ebay auction, if I lose it (I probably will) I will most likely buy some from somebody on AC.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Real Name
Patrick
Ok... I didn't win the auction and I still want snails... Whoever offers the best deal gets the money via PayPal, you can PM me or post it on this thread.

I would rather have less adults than lots and lots of small ones. I would consider blue, or pink.

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
You just missed my sale thread lol just shipped out 175 TINY baby blue ramshorns to one member and 108 to another

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

AquaticAustin

AC Members
Sep 29, 2011
Orlando, Fl (UCF)
Btw imho mysteries sell better than ramshorns

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
If you want feeders for yourself, then by all means....but keep in mind most people aren't willing to pay more than 10 cents a snail for ramshorns, unless they are blue, pink, or red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store