Kiddie Pool and Stock Tanks Ready to Go-Time to stock Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Well after surviving our strange weather I finally have most of the outdoor setups up and running. So far I have 3 P-1 6'X6' Pools up and running and 4 - 150gal stock tanks all ready to go. I will set up a P-2 78"X110"X18" Pool and 2 more stock tanks. One of my goals this year is to speed up the grow out process so I don't get to October and have 4,000 fish to house indoors. I will also be deep discount selling 3-4 week old fry this year to keep things thinned out.

After getting a good amount of opinions here is the stock list:

Mollys-Creamsicle Sailfin Lyers, Marble, Silver, Red Sunset and Copper Sailfins
- Gold Dust Lyer Tails
Platies / Variatus - Redtail Black Variatus & Gold Tux Platy - Just a few odd colored pre-hit females
Swordtails - Koi & Pineapple (Lots of Koi Swords)
Endlers - Chillies, Bummble Bee, Blond / Gold, Maybe a few Black Bar
Least Killies, normal and a limited number of gold
Corys- Albino Aeneus
Crayfish - Marbles & Blue Alleni - Maybe some Gold Crayfish, depends on catching those!!
Red Cherry Shrimp - Small limited numbers
Ramshorn and Pond Snails for those feeding puffers, loaches or crayfish.

I''l keep the thread updated and try to get some photos

wesleydnunder

Discus Addict
Dec 11, 2005
Gulf Coast Texas
Real Name
Mark
Sounds awesome! I raised mollys, pearl gouramis, pond shrimp and paradise fish in kiddie ponds. We have a long season here and I'd often get a couple pulls before winter. I kept anacharis floating in mine and had to put hardware cloth over them to keep the herons and raccoons out.

Mark

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
I've stocked the first two sets of Chilli Endlers and Alleni along with a couple of trios of Least Killies. I have some photos, but keep in mind the fish feel most comfortable when the water is not crystal clear and they have plenty of leaf litter and such to hide in. I also included a photo of my breeding traps / cages.
P-1-2, 3.jpg

Pool with Trap and HOB.jpg

Vat 1.jpg

VAT 4.jpg

traps.jpg

myswtsins

Global Moderator
Jun 15, 2008
Central NJ
Real Name
Jen
Camera Used
Canon PowerShot SX260 HS
Well after surviving our strange weather I finally have most of the outdoor setups up and running. So far I have 3 P-1 6'X6' Pools up and running and 4 - 150gal stock tanks all ready to go. I will set up a P-2 78"X110"X18" Pool and 2 more stock tanks. One of my goals this year is to speed up the grow out process so I don't get to October and have 4,000 fish to house indoors. I will also be deep discount selling 3-4 week old fry this year to keep things thinned out.

After getting a good amount of opinions here is the stock list:

Mollys-Creamsicle Sailfin Lyers, Marble, Silver, Red Sunset and Copper Sailfins
- Gold Dust Lyer Tails
Platies / Variatus - Redtail Black Variatus & Gold Tux Platy - Just a few odd colored pre-hit females
Swordtails - Koi & Pineapple (Lots of Koi Swords)
Endlers - Chillies, Bummble Bee, Blond / Gold, Maybe a few Black Bar
Least Killies, normal and a limited number of gold
Corys- Albino Aeneus
Crayfish - Marbles & Blue Alleni - Maybe some Gold Crayfish, depends on catching those!!
Red Cherry Shrimp - Small limited numbers
Ramshorn and Pond Snails for those feeding puffers, loaches or crayfish.

I''l keep the thread updated and try to get some photos
How did it go? I'm looking to buy hardwater species now so your stock is perfect! :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store