freshman needs advice.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

marko

AC Members
Mar 22, 2009
scotland
bought a tube Anenome about 2 months ago.At one piont i thought he was going to die ,but seems fine now.originaly he was bright aluminous orange, now he has faded but is full of life. does anyone reckon he will get his colour back?

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
Anemones require a tremendous amount if light to thrive.. and a lot to even survive

unless you have about 5 WPG (watts per gallon) minimum.. that is the reason for your color loss

he will most likely survive-- but wont grow much.. and will remain ugly

marko

AC Members
Mar 22, 2009
scotland
cheers for the advise,will have to check out the wattage for my 20g nano cube. i also have a pink tipped bubble who is in good shape and being hosted by a True Perc.

cheers
Marko

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Color shift seems common, but not life threatening from what I've seen. Try to maintain good diversity in what you feed and feed often (at least 3 times per week, preferably more without causing degrading water quality). Light is irrelevant for these animals, so no need to worry about that. Actually, I glanced at that article and that should be plenty of information on them, which goes along the same lines as what I've typed here (I just like to see them fed more often).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store