Breeding box for hiding molly?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Work n’ Grind

AC Members
Feb 23, 2022
A molly of mine was hiding in a chunk of cholla wood I was worried she was stuck. I moved her to a breeder box, can anyone tell me if she needs cover while in the breeder box? If she’s just needs a break from the male should I let her stay in the breeder box?938954F1-3A34-4B2A-8EC4-7B36B16178BB.jpeg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
A breeder box can potentially stress her out.

Is it just the male and the female? If so, add more females so there's more attention to split from the male.

What's the tank size? Generally mollies should have a 30g+ due to potential to reach 4+ inches, and can become more aggressive in cramped spaces too.

Work n’ Grind

AC Members
Feb 23, 2022
A breeder box can potentially stress her out.

Is it just the male and the female? If so, add more females so there's more attention to split from the male.

What's the tank size? Generally mollies should have a 30g+ due to potential to reach 4+ inches, and can become more aggressive in cramped spaces too.
29 gal 2 male five female, lots of plants, did lose a mature female about a week ago, hence I’m panicked, I took this female out of breeder she seems fine, I think she may have gotten stuck in the cholla wood

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Id maybe consider rehoming one if the males, if it seems females are stressed again, but otherwise hopefully was an isolated incident.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store