Best Height for LED fixtures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JohnnyRAppleLin

Registered Member
Oct 22, 2016
I have just finished moving my 125 gallon planted tank and am putting it all back together. I have 2 Finnex 36" Ray II LED fixtures and 1 Finnex 48" Planted Plus LED fixture for lighting, I use pressurized CO2 and the lights are usually on from 0900 - 1700 hours.
I am seeking to suspend these LED fixtures for optimum plant growth and minimum algae growth. Is there a preferred height from the substrate that would be best?
Thanks to all responding members.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I have just finished moving my 125 gallon planted tank and am putting it all back together. I have 2 Finnex 36" Ray II LED fixtures and 1 Finnex 48" Planted Plus LED fixture for lighting, I use pressurized CO2 and the lights are usually on from 0900 - 1700 hours.
I am seeking to suspend these LED fixtures for optimum plant growth and minimum algae growth. Is there a preferred height from the substrate that would be best?
Thanks to all responding members.
I don't have LEDs but it's kind of a squishy area as to the "best" height of any lighting, You're just about my "optimal" length of time, 8 hours or less (not longer)...are your plants seeming to grow well? How about algae? That'd be my starting point for light time vs light intensity ( or watts, whatever, not sure of the LED thing)

Reactions: FreshyFresh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store