20gl tall Stocking Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Casey0421

AC Members
Apr 15, 2016
Hello everyone! I currently have a 20gl tank which used to have a couple of angelfish that I was raising in there before they grew too big. These fish are now in a 55gl long with a few other angels and cories and are doing very well! Right now, I just have one medium sized BN pleco all alone in the 20gl. I don't have to worry about cycling the tank because it has been setup for about 4 months now and I still have the one pleco in there. I have a stocking idea and I want to run it by you all to make sure it isn't overcrowed. I would love to have:
-1 Bolivian Ram (female)
-10 neons
-10 rummynose
-1 BN pleco
-Possibly a few Nerite Snails
Let me know if this stock would work. When I set it up I will upload pictures as well. Thanks!

Casey0421

AC Members
Apr 15, 2016
Me, I'd change the neons to black neons or another hardier fish. My experience is I buy 12 neons, and maybe 2 survive.

Other than that, looks good.
Really? I have had neons before and that was when I didn't have much fish experience. However if I were to change them what other options would you suggest? Any colorful small schooling fish would be a good option. Thanks again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store