20 Long ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I keep changing my tanks around quite often. This tank is a bit newer then the others I have set up, it's about 8 months old now. But lately been having issues with the Red minor tetras nipping and had 3 killed by the others. They are even going after the glow light tetras and gold honey gouramis. What would be a good idea to do with them? I like them but not enough anymore after they killed 3 of their own and going after everything else.

Here's what's in the tank:
9 Red minor tetras
4 Glow light tetras
2 gold honey gouramis

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
Sounds like you have part of the answer which is you don't like them enough to keep wreaking havoc on the other fish. So the only thing to decide is what pet store will take them.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
The only pet store that would take them is a 30 min drive and I might just do that. They were fine for the past few months till I found 3 Red minors dead, fins torn up from the others. But I did find a fish I would replace them with, just have to order them. But not sure with ones to get..

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Red Minors are not bad they just need room and plenty of their own kind. A 20 maybe a little small for them, I had a school of 12 with Angels in a 100gal (small angels) and they got along just fine, but this was many years ago.

SnakeIce

AC Members
May 4, 2002
North Ga, USA
Real Name
Frederick
I found that feeding red minor tetras a high protein food like betta food greatly reduced the fin nipping. The other thing is sufficient territory and enough room for the other fish to be out of "their" space. A 20 long is enough footprint for a few of them but doesn't offer much space for other fish to get out of their way by going up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store