180 Gallon Discus Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soflocody

Registered Member
Mar 28, 2017
New to the forum. Figured I would share

Stock
20 discus
1 GBR Pair
30 Rummy Nose Tetras
6 lamp eyed tetras
10 black tetras
2 Rubber lip plecos
1 green phantom pleco
3 clown loaches

image.jpg

image.jpg

IMG_0671.JPG

Reactions: Frank Castle

Soflocody

Registered Member
Mar 28, 2017
Lol of course you preaching would be the first comment. Do you honestly think for a second someone would spend that much money and time on a hobby and not be educated on what they're doing? Please don't comment on here or any of my future posts again you clown.

Frank Castle

AC Members
Feb 9, 2017
Lol of course you preaching would be the first comment. Do you honestly think for a second someone would spend that much money and time on a hobby and not be educated on what they're doing? Please don't comment on here or any of my future posts again you clown.
no, she's right about the Clown Loaches....they are a schooling/shoaling fish so best kept in groups of 6 or more. Not a big deal, just snatch up 3 more and they will act more natural in captivity.

When you post on a public forum you subject yourself to taking in the good and the bad. It's just constructive criticism and it's there to HELP you, she meant no disrespect. You can't control what people post, you can only control your own reaction to comments made.

Aside from all that, I love the tank and I think it looks great, clearly a lot of time and effort went into it, so kudos for that. Have you considered other mild-mannered Blackwater cichlids to keep with them? There are a number of smaller mildly-aggressive fish that would probably find themselves right at home in that tank.

Reactions: jstelter

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, I tried to be nice about your overstocked tank. I take it you're a first time discus keeper, I said the tank looked good...for now.

Do you not understand fish grow (or should)? It's not the money you spend but the care you provide...or should. 10 discus would be lovely in there...if you get rid of the poorly shaped, underfed 1's. What size are they? I believe I asked that already...

Are we only to tell you how awesome they look? (many don't). You post, we comment, that's how forums work, as Frank said. As for "educated", we're trying to help you succeed...isn't that what we all aspire to?

Reactions: Rbishop

Bunsen Honeydew

AC Members
Feb 22, 2017
Well, I tried to be nice about your overstocked tank. I take it you're a first time discus keeper, I said the tank looked good...for now.

Do you not understand fish grow (or should)? It's not the money you spend but the care you provide...or should. 10 discus would be lovely in there...if you get rid of the poorly shaped, underfed 1's. What size are they? I believe I asked that already...

Are we only to tell you how awesome they look? (many don't). You post, we comment, that's how forums work, as Frank said. As for "educated", we're trying to help you succeed...isn't that what we all aspire to?
People only want echo chambers sometimes...

Reactions: Soflocody

wunschtaria

Registered Member
Nov 16, 2023
basketball-stars.co
Such a lovely aquarium! Twenty adult discus seems like a lot, especially since yours seem like juveniles. How does your upkeep typically go? And as a loach nut, I must remark that three is insufficient, but I see that you already have more than enough... or will have more than enough when they all mature.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Thread is 6 years old...no need to drag up old stuff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store