Red Claw Crab

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kayonis

Registered Member
Aug 28, 2016
Marion, Ohio
Camera Used
Galaxy Note 7
Hi, im new here and wanted to find out something. I had gotten 3 RCC's from a petstore where i live and the people there kept them in Freshwater. I had originally had Brackish water but have had to change to Freshwater because they were not as active. They now seem to be doing much much better and are all over the place. The only thing i have noticed is that they tend to not go up on the Island of sand i had made for them. Is this normal for this species?

Here is a pic of my setup right now after i did a water change. Would this work for them or do i need to make more changes.
20160828_212025.jpg

corkipine

AC Members
Sep 22, 2016
You can introduce them to brackish water slowly by adding more and more salt over time to increase the specific gravity till you get what you want.

From my experience with my rcc is that they do like to stay in the water a lot, they probably come out at night or when your not around. That's a very nice tank, I like your set-up.

Kayonis

Registered Member
Aug 28, 2016
Marion, Ohio
Camera Used
Galaxy Note 7
Thanks, I had actually already performed a few week long transition to Brackish and raised the SG to .006 so that it wouldnt kill plants. I've actually decided to do a planted aquarium and will be making them a new home with more real estate and turf to play on. I know they'll tear up the plants but it helps suplement their diet as ive found out. Thank you for the compliment tho.

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
The tank looks nice. From what I am aware these guys do spend quite a bit of time in the water. The only suggestion I would have is to make sure that you have a tight fitting lid over where those cords are. They can and will climb the cords to get out at night

lwuser

AC Members
Nov 1, 2016
Test post from Liquid Web Support

"
(I said replay box! lol)

I'd drive to DC/Maryland and camp out on Li's doorstep and while stacking Monster empty drink cans in front of his windows....

:)
Excellent Idea! Except I'd have to steal the Monster drinks cause they will never get a cent from me! ;)
"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store