Is it a "BUILD" if there is no actual building involved?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
excellent, excellent thread. congratulations. i'll have to check out the truck bed liner application.

perhaps it's a lot cheaper now -- a couple of weeks ago i saw a brand new Acura SUV completely covered in it!
:jaw:
Or the owner has..... interesting taste in aesthetics.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
beautiful.

did the large pot that was in the first set of pictures end up converted into a water feature?
Not sure which pot you mean. Are you talking about the black one that was the first fountain? It began to lose its finish within a few hours, and I was afraid it would fall apart, so I switched to a fired ceramic pot instead.
Hope that was the right pot :)

pbeemer

AC Members
Apr 27, 2010
So Cal
not a big deal. i meant the round green pot at the end of the walkway.

why do you suppose the original glazed pot in the fountain was losing its finish? seems kinda odd unless it was painted/epoxy-coated instead of actually glazed.

Jennie Beth

AC Members
Feb 20, 2009
Graham, WA USA
not a big deal. i meant the round green pot at the end of the walkway.

why do you suppose the original glazed pot in the fountain was losing its finish? seems kinda odd unless it was painted/epoxy-coated instead of actually glazed.
The big green pot became a home for a Japanese maple...I can't remember now why it was on the path...I do buy a lot of teeny plants and pot them till they are big enough to go out on their own ( only way I can afford my maple addiction).
The original pot looked like ceramic, but as the finish came off it showed a crushed composite surface, like cheap countertops are made of. It's out in the yard with (gasp) a baby maple in it now...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store