Ptrick125's 75 Gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Haven't really updated this thread in... over a year so now it's time!

I went back and forth with different fish and corals, but the lights were causing some algae issues every time I had corals, and it was just a cycle of algae attacks and new corals/fish. I had a yellow tang for about 8 months along with the clownfish, foxface, and sargent major. Eventually the sargent major decided that he wanted the entire 75 gallons to himself, and the other fish dropped 1 by 1 until he destroyed the yellow tang. Along the way I tried to capture the sargent major, but each time he would slip into the rocks to evade capture. By the time he was alone and I had nothing else to lose, I took out all the rocks and half of the water and he finally got captured. Now that I had a completely empty 75 gallon with nothing in it, I could decide were I wanted to go with it...

I still had all the equiptment and lights for corals, but I didn't have the time or money to put into them, so I chose between a lionfish tank or a damsel community. My mom was against the lionfish idea, and she helps pay for some of the fish, so I chose on the damsel community. I've had bad experience with damsels in the past, but now I'm just going to stick with the smaller guys since they have so much variety in colors, and they're beautiful. I started off with 3 after I traded in the sargent major and two days later when I went to get more RO, I got another 2... and 3 large zebra hermits. After moving the rocks around, I had a bunch of detrius on the sand and rocks, but it has only taken a day for the hermits to clean up! The damsels are tolerating each other, and interacting a lot nicer than the sargent major.

photo 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPG

photo 3.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 1.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store