what kind of breed will a black oscellaris and orange oscellaris clownfish make?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
i just bought a breeding pair of oscellaris clowns one orange and one black {male black, female orange},clown 3 good pic.jpg but i was wondering what would there offspring be? {example:percula, snowflake?}

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Well the offspring would definitely be oscellaris as well - no way that two oscellaris can produce a percula. And since both parents have the normal stripes, the majority of the babies will have normal stripes as well. Maybe you get lucky and get a misbar, but you won't accidentally get a snowflake. If you buy a snowflake, you won't be able to breed them - they are made sterile before being sold like most other designer clowns like picasso or lightning.

There is not much size difference in your clowns - are you sure they are a breeding pair? Not even sure if they are mated already.

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
yeah the definately are i bought them as a pair unless the shop lied the female is rather larger than the male it's just a bad pic. but i now have ich and i an treating them for that right now. im trying a freshwater dip with some ich attack then putting her in a qt

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
the female seems to be the only one with it but im just gonna go ahead and treat them all and just keep them in the hospital tank for about 4 weeks. i dont wanna use copper in my main tank cause i do eventually want a bunch of inverts and coral

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store