Help me decide which 30g setup to do

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

powellmacaque

AC Members
Feb 16, 2005
St. Petersburg, FL
I just moved into a house where a 30g tank was given to me by my roommate. Normally I plan super far in advance when building a tank, but this fell in my lap and I'd like to have you guys help me out.

I'd either like to do:
A South American community setup (maybe with some Rams?)

A NW cichlid setup (I like EBJDs if they'd fit, firemouths, rams, and/or convicts)

Or a local (Florida) setup. Which should I pick? What would be easiest/more rewarding? Is there something I haven't thought of that would be unique (African community tanks, goldfish, etc). Thanks!

jpierce3

AC Members
Aug 1, 2011
Western Ohio
Neolamprologus multifasciatus would be different and good for a 30g tank.

Caspan

AC Members
Sep 22, 2015
A 30G tank full of Electric Blue Rams would be awesome. My tank is a little taller they it is wider or else I would have gone that way.

MeganYiun

AC Members
Jan 23, 2014
Michigan
I use my 30 long for breeding guppies in huge numbers. It works great! I also sell the guppies on the side when I get too many. One of the best tanks I have.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
Pair of rams, any type, and a big school. Also a centerpiece gourami or something. I have 2 Bolivians, a pearl gourami, and a bunch of random tetras in my 40b. Super active tank.

Shoot, you could do rasboras and apisto pair?

CinnamonPearl

Professional Whovian
May 19, 2013
Long Island, NY
A North American tank would be really cool.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store