New 55g Stocking Ideas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Wysper

AC Members
Dec 10, 2013
Edinboro, PA
Real Name
Crystal
I'm currently running a fishless cycle on a 55 gallon tank, and am looking into what fish would work best.

I know I really want Blue Rams, so I'm trying to get fish that will go well with them.

This is a list I'm currently looking at.

5 x Blue Ram
5 x Pearl Gourami
1 x Bristlenose Pleco
5 x Dwarf Rainbow Fish
10 x Bleeding Heart Tetra

Comments? Suggestions? Ideas?

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Sounds like a pretty good stock to me! Make you have plenty of plants in the tank.. you don't want the GBR's going at it when they see each other.. they are pretty territorial. Make sure all of them get plenty to eat. Sometimes blue rams eat on the center and bottom of the tank, so make sure some food gets down. Have a good one.

Wysper

AC Members
Dec 10, 2013
Edinboro, PA
Real Name
Crystal
Well completely derailed my own plans.

Picked up 4 Platy and 4 Serpae Tetra to start off. Have lots of lava rock and driftwood to arrange and set up before getting the Rams, Pleco and Gourami.

Not going to get the Bleeding Hearts or Rainbow Fish, possibly get 6 more Serpae Tetra's and move the Platy's out to a smaller tank by themselves.

Wysper

AC Members
Dec 10, 2013
Edinboro, PA
Real Name
Crystal
Once again my plans were derailed by my own doing....

Picked up a bonded pair of Geophagus Brasiliensis (sp?) or Pearl Cichlids and a 5" Pleco.

The Tetra's don't seem to be bothered by the Pearls that much now, though the first day or so they spent huddled in a corner of the tank. Now they all kind of get along. The platies not so much. But three of those died before the Pearls were added. Down to 1 Platy that just kinda seems to keep to itself. I feel bad for her though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store