Back in the "game"!?!?!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Shawnster

Registered Member
Jul 1, 2015
Back in my "teens" I was totally into African Ciclids. Breeding, selling to local pet stores... I must have had like 25 tanks set up, a 55, 45, 38, 20's (long and tall), a crap load of 10's, and even a few 5 gallons. I dropped out of it when I was 21, joined the military, and just bounced around too much to get a set-up going. Wel i finally talked the wife into letting me start up again! she said "just one tank" so..... I got myself a 75, thinking about a couple of Oscars, Peacock Eel, a few pleco's and live plants. money is tight, so I am piecemealing it into shape... I feel like a kid again!!!(and the patience to match!!!). hopefully in a couple more weeks i will be up and running!!

Gonna go with two whisper 40's, two 200w heaters, got pool filter sand(new and washed the ba-jesus out of it!!) for my eel to dig in. should be fairly easy to maintain. it's going in my "man-cave" and there aren't too many windows to feed the algea. I think I'm off to a good start!!! Wish me Luck!!! I will try to post pics when I get further along!!!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome back to the hobby!

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
Sounds like you are off to a great start. Enjoy! And keep us posted.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Yep, welcome back!

The only problem I see with your stocking plan is, oscar snobs will tell you 75g is the minimum for a single oscar and nothing else. That is too heavy a stocking plan for a 4ft tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store