Honey Gouramis Are they Just Weird?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
I have no idea what may cause this behavior , but they seem to be calming down now. I am dreading moving them from the QT to their permanent tank. It will be a new tank and another scary move for them. I am hoping that the larger tank with more hiding places will make them feel more comfortable.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Any of the dwarf gourami I've had were shy. My pearl gourami is calm and comes right out to see you.

Anders247

IG-88 Invaders
Jun 10, 2014
Real Name
Anders
Yeah, it's completely normal. Going through the same thing with my honey gourami right now, it's always scared of me but it's out and about when I'm not there.
My pearl was like that for the first few weeks and now it's out and about always.

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
Well then I guess mine are acting right in character. They are timid when I am near but act quite normally when they can't see me.

Reactions: Anders247

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
Good Luck with the Gouramis, They should be happier once they are in their final (biger) home.

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
Ok , the Honeys are in their DT now and what a difference. They are behaving like normal fish and seem very happy. They even come to the surface when they see me and look for food. They peck around on the plants and wood and seem to be in fish heaven. What a change!!!!

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
That is good to hear. I hope you meant they are in fish haven. It should be a very long time until they get to the fish heaven.

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
LOL Duckie. Yeah, let's say these fish are just very happy. Probably nobody believes in fish heaven, but that is a whole other conversation.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
LOL Duckie. Yeah, let's say these fish are just very happy. Probably nobody believes in fish heaven, but that is a whole other conversation.
Yes, please, keep the religious aspect out of it. While I am very tolerant on what you do behind closed doors, I do take great offence if you try to "convert" me away from my beliefs.

Reactions: Anders247
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store