Least Killies

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
I put 2 trios of Least Killies (LK's) in a 72"x 110" Intex inflatable pool back in April. Today I counted 17 LK swimming around competing with the tadpoles for fish food. I'm thinking there will be well over 100 by the end of the summer. I also have a 100 gal stock tank that I stocked two female gold Least Killies in April. I counted 9 today. Looks like a good summer for LK production.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Well it has been a while and the LK's are still pumping out fry. I now have well over 30. The tadpoles seem to mature, morph and then zap more frog eggs and the process starts again. If anyone wants tadpoles please PM me. They are green or gray tree frogs. Sorry, all the Spring Peepers and toad tadpoles matured and left the pools and vats.

The Gold LK's are breeding as well. It is hard to count them seeing a small scrub tree has grown behind the vat and the bottom branches leaves touch the water. The fish like to hang out in the leaves. I did managed to count 8 adults and 12 fry today.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Just a follow up. I am currently removing all the Least Killies from their Pool and so far have approximately 180 with just a few left to be captured. Safe to say it was an exceptional summer for these guys.

henningc

AC Members
May 11, 2013
Not sure I understand but since moving inside the LKs have left their old chums behind

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store