LFS in your area

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tarheels910

Malawi Maniac
Jul 6, 2006
Concord, NC
In gastonia north carolina where i used to live there is a great store called wet pets on franklin blvd. I miss that store so much. Now in erie pa. i shop at buzz'n'b's on yoder drive another great store highly recomend it. Phone number is 835-7387.area code (814) Staff is well knowledged salt/fresh/corals/plants/ u name it they got it.
Wet Pets is okay. Fintastics is the best fish store you can step foot in.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
There's a new store that just opened up in Union Center in Union NJ called Aaron's Aquariums. I went in and checked the place out and boy is it clean. Stock was healthy appearing, both freshwater and saltwater and the owner seemed to know his fish when talking to another customer. When I finally fill my tank, this is where I plant to go.
So I went to the supermarket near Aaron's the other day and guess what. Much to my surprise, this 2 year young store is closed. I'm not sure what the issues were because only a month or so ago, I was talking to the owner and he seemed to go on like they were planning on staying... But, they are gone.

Dclementson

Oddball Fanatic
Feb 10, 2006
Forest Lake Pets
120 N. Lake St.
Forest Lake, Minnesota
Phone: 651-464-8982

Great freshwater selection, not so much in the marine department. Knowledgable and helpful staff too.

irishspy

There is a stargate in my aquarium.
West Los Angeles?

Hi all,

Part of my planning for my new aquarium (blog here) involved trying to find a good LFS. I know of and like both Mark's and Aquarium Center in the Valley, but I'm hoping to find a good one nearer to where I live, in Mar Vista, near Santa Monica. Any recommendations? (Or warnings?)

On a related note, there was a store in West Hollywood, on Santa Monica near the intersection with Crescent Heights, I think. It's a large, old store that as I recall had a large, varied, healthy stock. But I can't remember its name, nor can I find it on the Internet. Does this ring a bell with anyone? :help:

tjg2007

AC Members
Sep 20, 2007
It is not really local for me but here is a good one I found

Jack's Aquarium & Pets
8449 Colerain Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45239
(513) 923-2000
http://www.jackspets.com/

Very friendly and helpful staff, nice looking tanks, a very good selection, and a nice clean store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spinner_01

AC Members
Oct 16, 2007
The edge of nowhere
Greeley Colorado

Pet Emporium by H2O Aquatics
2624 11th Ave.
Greeley, CO 80631

I felt a little like I was taking an entrance exam when first talking with the owner, but once I "passed" this guy has more knowledge of fish than anyone I have ever spoken with, and was willing to share that knowledge as long as you were past the basics and still wanting to learn. A little high in the price area but we all know you can either pay it up front or risk it on lesser fish.

Great shop, great layout, Impressive tanks.

Koop

AC Members
Nov 13, 2007
LA Baby!
Exotic fish Store (Chatsworth) (818)341-1007
Lassen and Topanga Canyon
Its a great store, ask for rusty.
They have a 1000 gal shark display and great fish.

tankboy_taylor

AC Members
Feb 15, 2007
Salem,NH
Finally Ive found two awesome Aquarium stores in the Greater Boston Area.

First off was Uncle Neds Fish Factory rt 109 Millis,Ma this place had the best selection of fish Ive ever seen in a store amazing Discus , huge Clown Loaches,plus a whole lot of other stuff including saltwater. Great store just a little cramped but none the less if your in the area a must visit check em out on the web http://www.unclenedsfishfactory.com/

Next was Tropic Isle off rt 9 south,pierce st Framingham Ma

Now this place has to have one of the biggest selections of fish anywhere in New England which features a huge array of Freshwater and one of the best saltwater selections Ive seen, not to mention hard to find equipment like rolls of tubing to fit most canisters.

If your looking for unusual or hard to find fish these two places are the best ive found

Reactions: MyleusAlex1993

charlie4486

Charlie Murphy!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 3, 2007
Orange County, CA
Orange County, California

Window to the Sea
[SIZE=-1]14061 Newport Ave # A[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Tustin, CA 92780[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](714) 665-5900[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Good SW selection (corals and live rock)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Good FW selection but there cichlid selection really stands out. they have a lot of breeding pairs and have a good amount of healthy fry.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Anything they don't have they can get to you in a couple of days. they always keep an eye out for healthy shipments of fish and don't sell the bad shipments. they are very trustworthy and would turn down a sale to make sure the right decision is made.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]They also make custom Tanks for very reasonable prices and the quality of glass and finished product is great.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]New Wave Tropical Fish[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]1960 N Tustin St[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Orange, CA 92865[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1](714) 998-8209[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Not a great selection of fish but the owners are really knowledgeable and if possible they will try hard to get you special order fish. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]They do have a good selection of filters and accessories.[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store